Monday, December 1, 2008

A few humorous thoughts and quotes of the day



I live by this credo: Have a little laugh
at life and look around you for happiness
instead of sadness. Laughter has always
brought me out of unhappy situations.
Even in your darkest moment, you usually
can find something to laugh about if you
try hard enough.


Red Skelton

A CLOWN'S PRAYER

Lord, as I stumble though life, help me to
create more laughter than tears, dispense more
happiness than gloom, spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent that I will
fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child or the
twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to
cheer people, make them happy and forget at least for
a moment all the unpleasant things in their lives.

And, Lord, in my final moment, may I hear You
whisper: "When you made My people smile, you made
Me smile."

Author unknown

In this life we cannot do great
things. We can only do small things
with great love.


Mother Teresa

Life can be wildly tragic at times,
and I've had my share. But whatever
happens to you, you have to keep a
slightly comic attitude. In the final
analysis, (don't) forget to laugh.


Katherine Hepburn

Ten minutes of genuine belly laughter
had an anesthetic effect and would
give me at least two hours of pain-
free sleep.


Norman Cousins

On his death bed, Oscar Wilde looked
around the room and said: "This
wallpaper is terrible. One of us
has to go."


Oscar Wilde

Everything can be taken from a man but
one thing, the last of the human
freedoms - to chose one's attitude in
any given situation, even if only for
a few seconds.


Victor Frankl

Some pursue happiness -
others create it.


Author unknown

We don't laugh because we're
happy - we're happy because
we laugh.


William James

No comments: